Monday, May 18, 2009

Week 9 & 10




By the end of week 9 I had received dozens of auditions for my film. Unfortunately most are for the cop character in the film. On top of this the majority of the auditions received have been very inspirational, sounding like the actor is simply reading the lines without actually reading the kind of acting I want or the examples I have given of reference characters. For example, I asked for the main character, Conrad, to talk very much like Robert Downey Jr's characters in "A Scanner Darkly" and "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang", and I've been getting actors saying, "I was going for a J.D from scrubs kind of acting style." Very frustrating, fortunately I have received a very promising audition for the cop at least. As for the other characters, I think I will post another job, this one being even more specific to the kind of auditions I want. I have also sent my script and concept art as well as a budget to a number of high profile, professional voice actors, I figure, what's the harm? If I hear back, fantastic, otherwise, it was worth a shot. So I have sent emails off to Phil LaMarr, Billy West, Maurice LaMarche, John DiMaggio, Richard Horvitz as well as a number of others. As well as voices I have sent out requests for sound engineers who might want to work on this project with me. I have also completed a lighting test for the interview room that I am quite happy with. By the end of week 10 I had completed a timed animatic to the voice auditions I had received, because many of the auditions only read out a few lines though I had to cut and splice it together just to get a rough idea of the length of the film. At just over 4 minutes I believe it is very achievable, especially after trying to make the most of reuses without being blatantly obvious. I have also completed a rough test of the Cafeteria and the Pearly Gates in my film. I am up to draft 5 of my script, and it is shaping up very nicely, I want to get the script as strong as possible before too much production is done. I have now started work on my second, more cleaned version of the animatic, this will have rough animation, scene transitions, voice and music timed to it so it is ready to animate in semester 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment